Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Fun with Jack


On Monday, Jack came over and spent the day with us. The boys did so well together. They had a water gun fight and played in the mud to the point that I had to throw their clothes in the washer in hopes the mud would come out! I thought it would be nice to have dinner ready for Laura when she came to pick Jack up. That so did not happen. Since I was running around like a lunatic with the kids, I got dinner on late. In order to speed up the cooking process, I decided to grill the meat instead of cooking it in the oven. Bad idea! The poor little chicken thighs caught on fire. Nate, who is terrified of fire, starts screaming at me, Jack is laughing uncontrollably and I am frantically turning off the gas and trying to pull the charred bird off the grill! I finally got Nate settled down, the chicken in the oven, the potatoes on the stove and it was already 4:45pm. Laura was due in at 5:00pm. Since the chicken was still raw, and the potatoes were not even boiling yet, I hopped on the Internet and ordered us a pizza! Since we were having unhealthy pizza for dinner I decided to make a salad (it made me feel like we were at least eating one thing healthy). So, I took out the salad spinner and was spinning away when SNAP, the stupid cord broke. This was definitely not a good cooking day! Oh well, we had fabulous pizza and a somewhat soggy salad but it worked! I don't know how parents of multiple children do it! I have not been that tired in a very long time. Nate went to bed at 7:15 pm and I was out by 7:45 pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment