Thursday, April 9, 2009

One of our favorite summer destinations!



The last two weeks have been utterly chaotic, culminating in a five-day work marathon. Poor Nate had not had a lot of mommy time! Yesterday, after 4 hours of sleep, I decided to forgo the OKC Zoo meetup. Nate had a different idea…………….

Nate: Mommy, I miss you. I have an idea. Let’s pack a lunch, put it in your purse and go to the zoo!
Mom: OK

So, at 6:50 AM I packed us lunches, cleaned out the car (I don’t recommend doing this in the dark), got us ready and we were out the door by 8:15. Our friends Miss Rikki and her daughter Charli rode with us up to the city. It was wonderful to have company for the trip!

Nate and I had a blast at the zoo . He was impatient to see all the animals, so we ended up separated from the group after lunch (sorry ladies!). After about three hours of zoo time, he was done! So we loaded the kids back into the car and headed home. On our way home, Nate kept telling me he loved me. So very precious! He informed me he was not going to take a nap but 15 minutes into the trip home, he was literally snoring in the backseat! Rikki got a great shot of him sleeping.



Here are more zoo pictures!


Running through the zoo


Looking for lions


Nathan and Amaya. Watch out Aubree, you've got competition!

No comments:

Post a Comment