Sunday, March 29, 2009

Brrrrrr!



The weather in Lawton has been in the high 70’s and 80’s for the last two weeks. Nate and I have enjoyed being able to play outside every day in our summer clothes! On Friday, a cold front moved in and it was freezing. The weatherman predicted we would get up to four inches of snow by Saturday (we only ended up with a tiny little bit). Nate does not like to be stuck inside the house! He loves to spend hours outside playing in his sandbox, on his swing set or playing sports. The idea of being cooped up inside the house was not appealing to him on Friday. This was our conversation at 10:00 AM on Friday…………..

Nate: I have an idea, let’s go outside and play.
Mom: Sorry Nathan, it’s pretty cold outside. We have to stay inside today.
Nate: Mom, I have a great idea, let’s go play at kids zone park (an outside play area).
Mom: Sorry kid, it’s just too cold today.

Five minutes later……..

Nate: Mom, I have a great idea, let’s go play at kids zone park.
Mom: Nate, it is too cold.
Nate: Ok, let’s go play outside then.
Mom: Tell you what, if you can stand it outside for five minutes, we will go to kids zone park and play.
Nate: I can do it!

So I bundled him up and sent him outside to “play”. He lasted two minutes and proclaimed “Mom, did you know it’s really cold outside? I think I want to play inside!”

No comments:

Post a Comment