Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sensitive Ears!

Last year we had to have Nathan's hearing tested because he would scream and cry every time he heard a loud noise. The doctors told us his hearing was within the normal range but he could just be sensitive to loud noises. We have found over the course of his three precious years, that unfamiliar loud noises freak him out the most So, it has become our mission to introduce him to new noises!

A few weeks ago, my girlfriend Pauline called and invited us to come watch her daughter co-coach an elementary aged basketball game. Nate and I talked it over and decided we should try it. I explained what sounds he should expect, buzzers, whistles and he was ok with it. He did such a good job sitting through that first game! I am sure to the casual observer it looked as though I was torturing my child because he had to sit on my lap with his hands covering his ears and my hands covering his hands, but it worked for us!

This last Saturday Pauline once again asked us if we would like to come watch a game (God bless her for her patience!). Nate decided he wanted to go so we went. What an amazing job he did!


He sat all by himself and covered his own ears! He even removed his hands during half-time to eat some popcorn! This is a huge milestone for Nathan and I am so very proud of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment