Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It's That Time of the Year Again!


As many of you know, I ABHOR the thunderstorm season in Oklahoma. I am not ashamed to admit it, I freak out every year (hint...hint...Sean, a safe room is a great idea)! On Monday, we had a series of a thunderstorms roll through. Once again I was glued to the local news. It doesn’t help that Chicken Little (they sky is falling, the sky is falling…..) is covering the storms. He kept saying that the storm hovering over my house was “suspicious”. Ignoring all the “DUCK” rules of a thunderstorm, Sean and I ventured outside to see what was happening. Once again (last year we had this happen) two different sets of clouds decided to start colliding. We could see the beginnings of the circular winds that produce tornadoes. The winds were so strong the tornado sirens kept going off. To say I was hyperventilating is an understatement. I wonder if the doctor will prescribe anxiety medication for this time of the year? Fortunately for us, the clouds can swirl together and not produce a funnel cloud! Here are some pictures of the storm coming in!







Sorry, I didn't stick around for a picture of the swirling clouds!

No comments:

Post a Comment