Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Not A Natural Born Swimmer!

Nate is a big fan of water, as long as it does not get in his eyes or the depth is not over his head. Unfortunately for Nate, swim lessons encompasses both of these dislikes. Sean and I decided it was time to bite the bullet and enroll him anyway. The YMCA offered a spring break special that allowed kids to go every day for 30 minutes. We thought it would be a great way to get little man interested in actual swim lessons. Boy were we wrong! Sean took Nate to his first lesson so I could power wash the backyard toys and furniture (we were having a bunch of mommy friends over the next day). Sean sent the following picture to me via text message………………..



He absolutely REFUSED to get in the water! Yes, that is my son hugging the back wall. Apparently, at one point the teacher had to bring Nate over to Sean in order to get him calmed down. Sufficed to say, Nate spent a total of 2 minutes in the pool out of 30! Hopefully by the end of the week, we will have a swimmer ( I am not holding my breath)!

No comments:

Post a Comment