Sunday, May 31, 2009

Summer Fun

It has been very hot and humid in Lawton for the last week! My car's thermometer read 96 degrees at one point (doesn't include the humidity factor)! In an effort to cool off, Nate and I headed to the local waterpark. Every year we get so excited when the park opens; this is definitely one of our favorite summer hangouts! Last year, Nate would only go down the little slide by himself and the larger slides with either Sean or myself. He would not go near the childrends spray slides, the wave pool or the lazy river. This year, we explored the wave pool and lazy river and he absolutely LOVED them. Here are some pictures of our visit to the fabulous water park.........................


Nate would not go near this last year! He was not keen on trying it this year either until his buddy Winston decided to. Once down, he was hooked.

I think I can, I think I can.....

Keep going, one foot in front of the other!

Success! He climbed up and slid down! Wohoo Nathan.

Nate informed he was a "big boy" now and would go down the waterslide all by himself. He climbed the hill and sure enough, he did it! Go Nathan!

The small pirate slide is still his favorite.

Taking a break! We smuggled in contraband lunch and had a nice picnic in the shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment