Tuesday, May 5, 2009

When good craft ideas go terribly wrong!

I should know better than to try to be crafty. I always have high expectations but unfortunatley, our crafts never turn out that great! I am praying Nate inherits someone else's crafting abilities.

Nate gets the Highlights magazine every month (thank you Grandma and Grandpa Cassidy)! In each issue a craft idea is presented. As I was going through his older issues, I found a neat craft project for making bathtime crayons. These little suckers are so expensive to purchase and never last that long. I thought great, I will save some money and Nate will have a blast mixing them up. The first step in this process was grating ivory soap using the finest setting on a boxed grater. Okay, I did try this but NOTHING was coming out. I decided to forgo the tiniest setting and used the regular side of the grater. BAD idea! The pieces were to large to accept the food coloring and this was the result.................


The picture does not do it justice! Each piece of "crayon" has lovely white spots all throughout them. Oh well, Nate and Aubree had a blast making them and they seem to work just fine. It's a good thing I don't do this sort of thing for a living. We would starve to death! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment